FAQ – Stadium Security Policy
Safety – Evacuation Video
Clear Bag Policy:
Fans are encouraged to limit the number of items they bring with them to the stadium. They will be permitted to carry one (1) of the following style and size bags into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand but not larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″, with or without a handle/strap. This small clutch bag may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection
Prohibited bags include but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage, seat cushions, computer bags, camera bags, binocular cases, or any bag larger than the permissible size.
In conjunction with the National Football League and for the safety of our guests and employees, the following are prohibited:
- Abusive, foul or disruptive language or clothing
- Animals (except service dogs)
- Balls (including but not limited to football, soccer, lacrosse)
- Bottles, cans and beverage containers of any kind*
- Clear bags larger than 12”x 6”x 12” and all non-clear bags larger than 4.5” x 6.5”
- Clothing containing wires, batteries or other electronic components
- Drones and any other unmanned and remote-controlled aircraft systems
- E-cigarettes and Vaporizers
- Fighting, taunting or threatening remarks or gestures
- Fireworks, firearms and weapons of any kind
- Food not wrapped in clear plastic*
- Intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol consumption or drug use
- Laser pointers
- Noisemakers (including but not limited to air horns, cowbells, whistles and instruments)
- Resale of tickets on stadium property and any other unauthorized ticket resale
- Signs or flags on sticks or poles/Selfie Sticks
- Seat cushions
- Smoking (except in designated areas)
- Throwing objects
- Trespassing, soliciting, peddling and loitering
- Unauthorized transmission of accounts or descriptions of the game, including play-by-play data
- Verbal or physical harassment of other guests, including opposing team fans
- Video cameras
- Any other item or action deemed dangerous or inappropriate
* Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs.
ALL PERSONS AND/OR THEIR BELONGINGS ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH AS A CONDITION OF ENTRY INTO LINCOLN FINANCIAL FIELD.
Why did the NFL and Eagles adopt the clear bag policy?
The league and clubs review their public safety and stadium security policies every year looking for ways to improve. The Committee on Stadium Security and Fan Conduct leads this review and obtains a wide range of information to assist in doing so. The committee strongly believed that it made sense to adjust our policy to enhance public safety and make stadium access more efficient by limiting the size and style of bags carried into the stadium. The public deserves to be in a safe, secure environment. This is about both safety and improving the overall fan experience.
Are other events and stadiums limiting bags?
Yes. In fact, some like the University of Michigan, Penn State, and Michigan State University do not permit any bags, while the TD Garden in Boston only permits clutch bags. The metal detector screenings of all individuals entering NFL stadiums provide an additional level of safety for fans.
How does the clear bag policy improve public safety?
The clear bag is easily and quickly searched and greatly reduces faulty bag searches. It also supports the Department of Homeland Security’s ‘If You See Something, Say Something’ campaign.
How does the clear bag policy make it more convenient for fans?
It allows fans to move through our security check points much faster and it also allows staff to be more efficient and effective in checking bags that are brought into the stadium.
What if a fan gets to the gate with a bag that is not permitted?
Unfortunately, if the bag does not meet the policy guidelines, it will not be permitted into the stadium.
Will the clear bag policy affect tailgating?
No, the bag policy is only in place for entry into the stadium, not the parking lots.
How many bags can each fan bring into the stadium?
One (1) clear bag – either a one-gallon plastic freezer bag or a 12″x 6″x 12″ clear bag.
Is my diaper bag permitted in the stadium?
No, diaper bags are not permitted. Please place all childcare items in a clear bag to enter the stadium.
Is nursing equipment permitted in the stadium?
Yes! Please proceed to the North Gate for entrance into the stadium with those items.
Are cameras, binoculars, or tablets permitted into the stadium?
Yes, these items are permitted as long as they are not in non-clear cases. Camera lenses may not be larger than 6”.
Are blankets permitted into the stadium during the colder weather?
Yes, blankets are permitted. Security staff will ask for the blanket to be unfolded upon entry to be screened.
Are seat cushions permitted into the stadium?
No, seat cushions are not permitted.
Are there limitations for bringing a sign into the stadium?
Yes, signs must be no larger than 18”x24”. Please note, some events outside of football games may enforce different size limitations. Signs may not be attached to a stick or pole that is any longer than 12”. Additionally, signs, banners or similar items that are obscene or indecent, not event-related, potentially offensive to other patrons, capable of blocking the views of other fans or otherwise deemed dangerous or inappropriate by the Eagles are prohibited. They may not contain commercial messages, logos or political endorsements and may not be hung on the stadium structure. Signs constructed of wood or metal material, are also not permitted. Lincoln Financial Field reserves the right to confiscate signs that are in violation of stadium policy.
Are there exceptions for items needed for medical reasons?
Yes, absolutely. Please contact Fan Services to make necessary arrangements at 215-463-5500 or [email protected]. Entry will be through the North Gate with these items, which is located next to the flagpoles by Xfinity Gate.