FAQ – Stadium Security Policy
Are all purses prohibited?
No. Unlike some event venues, we are not banning all bags. Small clutch purses, with or without a handle or strap, are permitted along with either the 12″ by 6″ by 12″ clear tote bag or the one-gallon freezer bag. This should enable you to carry the same items you have in previous years and speed entry into the stadium for all fans because it will take less time to screen bags. Shorter lines means fewer hassles. We encourage fans not to bring any bags, but have created a policy that balances fan needs with improved public safety and convenience.
Do I have to put everything I’m carrying into the permissible bags?
No. We are limiting only the type of bags carried into the stadium, not items that you normally bring to a game. Therefore, you can carry in your pockets or jacket keys, makeup, feminine products, comb, phone, wallet, credit cards, etc., if you choose not to put them in a clear bag or clutch. And you can carry a blanket over your arms, and binoculars and/or camera around your neck or in your hands without the case. You can use the clear bag and clutch to carry other items. You will continue to have the flexibility to bring a wide variety of approved items into the stadium. Every member of your family may carry in a permissible bag.
What about diaper bags?
Diapers can be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, would be allowed to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse into the stadium. That is a quite a bit of storage capacity.
If I have special medical equipment I need to have with me at all times, where do I put that?
An exception will be made for medical necessary items after proper inspection at a specified stadium gate designated for this purpose.
Will this policy affect the ability of fans to tailgate?
No. Fans will be able to enjoy tailgating activities in the parking lots and do so with greater safety and knowledge that entry into the stadium will be smoother and faster.
BAG POLICY FAQ
Why did the NFL and Eagles adopt this policy?
The league and clubs review their public safety and stadium security policies every year looking for ways to improve them. The Committee on Stadium Security and Fan Conduct leads this review and obtains a wide range of information to assist in doing so. The committee strongly believed that it made sense to adjust our policy to enhance public safety and make stadium access more efficient by limiting the size and style of bags carried into the stadium. The public deserves to be in a safe, secure environment. This is about both safety and improving the overall fan experience.
Are other events and stadiums limiting bags as well?
Yes. In fact, some like the University of Michigan, Penn State, and Michigan State University do not permit any bags, while the TD Garden in Boston only permits clutch bags. The pat downs and metal detector screenings of all individuals entering NFL stadiums provide an additional level of safety for fans.
How does the policy improve public safety?
The clear bag is easily and quickly searched and greatly reduces faulty bag searches. It also supports the Department of Homeland Security’s ‘If You See Something, Say Something’ campaign.
How does this make it more convenient for fans?
This will enable us to move fans through our security check points much faster. A standard size bag eliminates the need for bag templates to check bag sizes. It will allow staff to be more efficient and effective in checking bags that are brought into the stadium. There should be less time spent standing in lines at the stadium gates and fans will be able to be in their seats well before kickoff. Fans also will enjoy an improved sense of safety.
How can I get an official bag? Will teams be making money off of these bags?
You do not need to purchase an official bag from the NFL or from the Eagles. There are a variety of options, including any clear 12 x 6 x 12 bag or Ziploc bag. In addition, fans may carry their own small clutches. We will be sharing more information about this in the coming weeks.
How many bags can each person bring into the stadium?
One large clear bag – either a one-gallon Ziploc style bag or the 12″ by 6″ by 12″ clear bag – plus a small clutch. The larger clear bag must be a standard 12″ by 6″ by 12″ made of clear PVC vinyl and is easily searched. The one-gallon Ziploc bag is readily available, inexpensive and easily searched. The small clutch allows privacy for small personal items and also is easily searched.
Can fans carry cameras, binoculars, smart phones or tables separately from what they put in a clear bag?
Yes. Binoculars or a phone or camera can be carried into the stadium so long as it is not in its own bag. This is not a restriction on items that fans are able to bring into the stadium. It is only a restriction on the type of container used to carry items.
Are seat cushions allowed to be carried into the stadium?
No, they are not due to the large size and because the way seat cushions are constructed would allow them to be used to conceal a potential explosive device.
What about bringing blankets in cold weather?
Fans will be able to bring blankets by tossing them over a shoulder or arm as always. They can be easily screened carrying a blanket into the stadium.
Why haven’t more stadiums and arenas adopted this kind of policy? What’s different about the NFL?
There are examples of other stadiums that have adopted this philosophy, outside of the NFL. Our number one goal is fan safety and we know that NFL games are unique in that roughly 70,000 people are all trying to enter the stadium within a short window prior to the start of the game. We want to make sure these fans are safe, first of all, but also that they can get into the stadium in a timely manner.
What happens if I show up at the gate with a bag that is not permitted?
Fans carrying bags that do not meet the criteria will be turned away from the stadium well before they reach the gates. We will be communicating more information to our fans over the next few weeks to make sure they are well-informed about this policy, and we will also work with our security to make sure that fans are screened for bags well before they reach the gates.
If I have certain items that I need to bring into the stadium for medical reasons and they won’t fit in the clear bag, what do I do?
An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
Fans are encouraged to limit the number of items they bring with them to the stadium. They will be able to carry (1) one of the following style and size bag at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines awaiting entry into the stadium:
• Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12.”
• One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
• Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand but not larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
• An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, seat cushions, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
In conjunction with the National Football League and for the safety of our guests and employees, the following are prohibited:
- Abusive, foul or disruptive language or clothing
- Animals (except service dogs to aid guests with disabilities)
- Bottles, cans and beverage containers of any kind*
- Clear bags larger than 12″x6″x12″ and all non-clear bags
- Clothing containing wires, batteries or other electronic components
- E-cigarettes and Vaporizers
- Fireworks, firearms and weapons of any kind
- Food not wrapped in clear plastic*
- Hard sided coolers*
- Laser pointers
- Noisemakers (including but not limited to air horns, cowbells, whistles and instruments)
- Purses, binocular and camera cases larger than 6.5″x4.5″
- Resale of tickets
- Signs or flags on sticks or poles/Selfie Sticks
- Smoking (except in designated areas)
- Sports Balls (including but not limited to football, soccer, lacrosse)
- Throwing objects
- Trespassing, soliciting, peddling and loitering
- Unmanned and Remote Controlled Aircraft Systems
- Video cameras and the use of video capable cell phones for video recording
- Any other item or action deemed dangerous or inappropriate
* Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs.
ADA Designated Gate
North Gate is our ADA designated gate. Any persons with disabilities may use this gate for expedited entry as well as the SCA and Panasonic VIP entrances.
• Any attempt to bring alcohol into the stadium will be considered a violation of the Code of Conduct and may result in the guest being ejected, arrested or tickets being revoked. All persons and/or their belongings are subject to search. Violators of the rules of any State or City laws will be refused admission, asked to leave or ejected from stadium property. Guests are encouraged to return prohibited items to their vehicles. Lincoln Financial Field cannot safeguard items which are not permitted to be brought into the stadium.